Demonic Toys is a film produced by Charles Band’s Full Moon Entertainment and released in 1992. The film features small, killer toys similar to those seen in Puppet Master, a film which Band produced in 1989. Demonic Toys, like many other Full Moon releases, never had a theatrical release and went straight-to-video in 1992. It was given an “R” rating for violence, language, and brief nudity.
The film spawned a series of comic books, and two crossover sequels. A sequel to the film itself will be relased sometime in 2009.
- On June 25th 2008, producer Charles Band announced that he’ll be making the fourth entry, however, he said it will be titled Demonic Toys 2. Synopsis: While on a trip to help an eccentric collector of bizarre oddities, young David and his girlfriend Caitlin are forced to fight for their lives when they find themselves trapped in an ancient Roman castle as the Demonic Toys are brought pack to life by a mysterious ancient puppet who sets them on a course for murder. Only the fulfillment of an ancient evil curse can save them. But will anyone be alive to be saved at the end?. Along with Demonic Toys is Puppet Master: Axis of Evil, Killjoy 3, Bride of the Head of the Family, and Gingerdead Man 3: Saturday Night Cleaver.
- Baby Oopsy Daisy: The Leader of the toys. A foul mouthed perverted baby doll. In the first film, Baby Oopsy Daisy is Female, but in the sequels the character is now male (though still wears the female dress from the first film in Dollman vs. Demonic Toys). In each film, the baby is given a new voice.
- Jack Attack: A Jack-in-the-Box with razor sharp teeth and a deadly laugh. In the first and second films he can leave his box at any time and has a snake-like form. In the first film at the end of his tail is a Baby Rattle somewhat a pun on the term rattle snake.
- Grizzly: A cute little teddy bear who, when given a taste of blood, starts to mutate and grow. Probably the most vicious out of all the toys.
- Mr. Static: A toy robot that moves slowly and can fire lasers. In the first film it kills Hesse before being shot to bits by Mark, and in Dollman vs. Demonic Toys it kills Judith Gray before being shot up by Brick Bardo.
- Zombietoid: A Blond GIJoe based character who only appears in the second film as a replacement for Grizzly Teddy. He makes a loud scream and his weapon of choice is his machete. He dies by accident when he is shocked to death when his machete gets caught in an electrical socket, and is never heard from again.
- Tracy Scoggins as Judith Gray
- Bentley Mitchum as Mark Wayne
- Daniel Cerny as “The Kid”
- Michael Russo as Lincoln
- Barry Lynch as Hesse
- Ellen Dunning as Anne
- Peter Schrum as Charneski
- Jeff Weston as Matt Cable
- William Thorne as Fair-Haired Boy
- Richard Speight Jr. as Andy
- Larry Cedar as Peterson
- Jim Mercer as Dr. Michaels
- Pat Crawford Brown as Mrs. Michaels
- Christopher Robin as Skeleton Kid
- Kristine Rose as Miss July